Common Grammatical Errors in English

Raisul Islam Hridoy 0

 

Common Grammatical Errors in English

 


Download

Common Errors Grammatical

 

Incorrect:  I have a good news for you.

Correct:     I have good news for you

 

Incorrect:  Worry kills more the men than work.

Correct:     Worry kills more men than work.

 

Incorrect:  We learn not at the school, but in life.

Correct:     We learn not at school, but in life.

 

Incorrect:   He sent a word that he would come soon.

Correct:     He sent word that he would come soon.

 

Incorrect:  I have read the Shakespeare’s King Lear.

Correct:     I have read Shakespeare’s King Lear.

 

Incorrect:  You cannot set a foot in this house.

Correct:     You cannot set foot in this house.

 

Incorrect:  It’s not good to go to the bed late.

Correct:    It’s not good to go to bed late.

 

Incorrect:  He is Daniel in judgment.

Correct:    He is a Daniel in judgment.

 

Incorrect:  It was tough decision to make.

Correct:    It was a tough decision to make.

 

Incorrect:  A little spark kindles great fire.

Correct:     A little spark kindles a great fire.

 

Incorrect:   The clock has struck seven hours.

Correct:      The clock has struck seven.

 

Incorrect:   There is no place in the hall.

Correct:      There is no room in the hall.

 

Incorrect:    We came by the 4:30 o’clock train.

Correct:       We came by the 4:30 train.

 

Incorrect:   He left with his belonging luggage.

Correct:      He left with his luggage.

 

Incorrect:    I gladly avail of your offer.

Correct:       I gladly avail myself of your offer.

 

Incorrect:    The girl wants to get herself married. 

Correct:       The girl wants to get married.

 

Incorrect:    This option is preferable than any other.

Correct:       This option is preferable to any other.

 

Incorrect:    Women commit less crimes than men.

Correct:       Women commit fewer crimes than men.

 

Incorrect:    I want a little quantity of milk.

Correct:       I want a small quantity of milk.

 

Incorrect:    Give a literally translation of the passage.

Correct:       Give a literal translation of the passage.

 

Incorrect:    Life is long if you know how use it.

Correct:       Life is long if you know how to use it.

 

Incorrect:    Don’t go in the sun.

Correct:       Don’t go out in the sun.

 

Incorrect:   I know him good.

Correct:      I know him well.

 

Incorrect:   They had no sooner arrived then they were arguing.

Correct:      They had no sooner arrived than they were arguing.

 

Incorrect:   He asked me that why I had not gone to the party.

Correct:      He asked me why I had not gone to the party.

 

Incorrect:   My sister’s all the books have been stolen.

Correct:      All my sister’s books have been stolen.

 

Incorrect:   On what you are here ?

Correct:      What are you here for ?

 

Incorrect:    Tell me why did you do that ? 

Correct:       Tell me why you did that.

 

Incorrect:    I, you and he will do it together.

Correct:      You, he and I will do it together.

 

Incorrect:   Exercise is good both for work as well as health.

Correct:      Exercise is good for work as well as health.

 

Incorrect:    She did a request for some water.

Correct:      She made a request for some water.

 

Incorrect:   Open the last but one page of the book.

Correct:      Open the last page but one of the book.

 

Incorrect:    I am in favor to stop work now.

Correct:       I am in favor of stopping work now.

 

Incorrect:    Those who are absent, I shall punish them.

Correct:       I shall punish those who are absent.

 

Incorrect:    I’m really excited to good news from you.

Correct:       I’m really excited to get your good news

 

Incorrect:    I feel myself feverish.

Correct:       I feel feverish.

 

Incorrect:    He made an excuse to be late.  

Correct:       He made an excuse for being late.

 

Incorrect:    He rose equal to the occasion.

Correct:       He was equal to the occasion.

 

Incorrect:    Are your work busy ?

Correct:       Do you have a busy job ?  

 

Incorrect:   She left a bit in a hurry.

Correct:      She left in a bit of a hurry.

 

Incorrect:    I’ll date her out this Friday.

Correct:       I’ll take her out on a date this Friday.

 

Incorrect:    If someday we meet, would we again start?

Correct:       If someday we meet, would we start again?

 

Incorrect:    I am difficult to learn Chinese.

Correct:       It is difficult for me to learn Chinese.

 

Incorrect:    Thailand is coming into rainy weather.

Correct:       Thailand is in the rainy season now.

 

Incorrect:    What time of a day now in your country?

Correct:       What is the time now in your country?

  

Incorrect:    You can try it more…

Correct:       You can try a few times…

 

Incorrect:   He went to abroad to further his study.

Correct:      He went abroad to further his study.

 

Incorrect:   Today, I’ll cut my hair.

Correct:      I’ll have my hair cut today.

 

Incorrect:   Did China come into rain season?

Correct:      Is it the rainy season in China?

 

Incorrect:   How was your sleeping yesterday?

Correct:      Did you have a good sleep yesterday?

 

Incorrect:   Why don’t stay more time here?

Correct:      Why don’t you stay a little longer?

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন

0 মন্তব্যসমূহ

New Posts

সাধারণ বিজ্ঞান লেকচার শীট

২০২৬ শিক্ষাবর্ষের সেরা লেকচার শীট কালেকশন 📚 ২০২৬ শিক্ষাবর্ষের সেরা লেকচার শীট কালেকশন! 🚀 চতুর্থ থেকে দ্বাদশ শ্রেণি পর্যন...